Together with Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF), ISEAS organised a 2-day workshop on Ageing and Demographic Change in Asia: Caring for the Rapidly Growing Number of Elders in our Society.
The ISEAS-SPF workshop brought together more than 80 thought leaders and policymakers from around the region to share and discuss the current and future of Aging in East and Southeast Asia in four critical areas: Institutional – residential care, Community-based care, Education and training for care-givers, and Active ageing.
This workshop also marks the launch of SPF’s Asia Impact Dialogue Series and coincide with the 45th Anniversary of ASEAN-Japan relations, a reflection of the close ties that Japan shares with ASEAN countries, and its commitment in addressing the social-development challenges faced by countries in the region.
Dr Amy Khor, Singapore’s Senior Minister of State for Health, graced the event as Guest-of-Honour, and delivered the keynote address.
- The Khmer Times, 28 February 2018 – Addressing ageing in Asean
- Lianhe Zaobao, 27 February 2018 – 许连碹：没在竞争“名次” 政府会确保医疗开支升幅适度 (in Chinese: Dr Amy Khor: Government will ensure healthcare expenditure increase appropriately.)
- News5, 26 February 2018 – Time from 20:25
- CNA Singapore Tonight, Mon 26 Feb 2018 – Time from 29:50
- Channel 8 News, 26 February 2018 – 许连碹博士： 若处理得当 银发族也可成国家红利 2018