The Tun Dato Sir Cheng-Lock Tan MA Scholarship supports local students with the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies in Southeast Asian Studies, Political Science & International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Geography, Archaeology/Archaeological Science and other relevant subjects.
The Scholarship, funded by The Tun Dato Sir Cheng Lock Tan Trust Fund, is offered on an annual basis and administered by ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute.
TUN DATO SIR CHENG-LOCK TAN M.A. SCHOLARSHIPS 2023
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute invites M.A. scholarship applications for the following areas of study:
Southeast Asian Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Geography, Archaeology/Archaeological Science, and other relevant subjects
Terms of Awards:
- The scholarship is tenable at reputable universities overseas or in Singapore
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference/Fieldwork allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Return air passage (if applicable)
- Successful candidates will serve a one-year bond with ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute following the completion of their studies.
- Be Singapore citizens or permanent residents
- Be in possession of a good honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject
- Have a consistently good academic record
- Have a deep interest in Southeast Asia and are prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on Southeast Asia
Candidates who have already obtained university admission for 2023 and meet the above requirements are also eligible to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, full CV, two letters of reference, educational certificates and transcripts, a research proposal and a statement of purpose in pursuing the MA degree, and a passport-sized photograph.
Closing Date: 31 Mar 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
This scholarship is funded by the Tun Dato Sir Cheng-Lock Tan Trust Fund, Singapore