About the Publication
Contemporary Southeast Asia (CSEA) is an internationally peer-reviewed academic journal published three times a year (April, August and December) by the ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute.
The Editors invite submission of manuscripts in the politics, security, political economy and international relations of Southeast Asia (defined as the 10 ASEAN member states and Timor-Leste).
Manuscripts should be double-spaced and between 6,000–8,000 words, including endnotes and an abstract. Manuscripts should be in Word-format and should be sent electronically to the e-mail address below. CSEA uses endnotes and follows the rules set out in Chapter 15 of the Chicago Manual Style, 12th edition. Authors should use British English. CSEA does not accept manuscripts that have already been published or are simultaneously being considered for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts accepted for consideration will be refereed by external readers.
Manuscript submissions and enquiries related to the journal should be sent to the editors at: email@example.com
To see all past issues, please click here.
- SCOPUS CiteScore of 1.4 in 2019.
- Journal Citation Report (JCR) Journal Impact Factor of 0.717 in 2019.
- SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2019 for the Asiatic Region: Ranked 1st in Political Science and International Relations; 1st in History; and 3rd in Arts and Humanities.
- Ranked 19th by Google Scholar Metrics 2020 in the category of “Asian Studies and History”.
Choi Shing Kwok
Le Hong Hiep
International Advisory Committee
- Dewi Fortuna Anwar, Indonesian Institute of Sciences
- Alice Ba, University of Delaware
- Nick Bisley, la Trobe Univeristy
- David Capie, Victoria University of Wellington
- Sophal Ear, Occidental College
- Jurgen Haacke, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Kuik Cheng-Chwee, National University of Malaysia
- Joseph Chinyong Liow, Nanyang Technological University
- Maung Aung Myoe, International University of Japan
- Duncan McCargo, University of Leeds
- Marcus Mietzner, Australian National University
- Shaun Narine, St. Thomas University
- Pham Quang Minh, Vietnam National University-Hanoi
Contemporary Southeast Asia is indexed in the following:
- Contents Pages on Asia (INSEAD)
- EBSCO Publishing
- Expanded Academic Index/ASAP
- Gale Group
- Google Scholar Metrics – Asian Studies and History category for 2018
- Historical Abstracts (ABC-CLIO)
- International Bibliography of Book Reviews
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- International Bibliography of Social Sciences
- International Political Science Abstracts
- ISI Emerging Markets
- Muslim World Book Review
- PAIS International
- ProQuest Information and Learning
- Sage Public Administration Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- World Affairs Online
The Managing Editor
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace,