The findings are from an online survey conducted by the ASEAN Studies Centre from 10-23 April 2017, based on the views of over 300 respondents from government, academia/think-tanks, business, media and civil society in the ten ASEAN members.
For more details on the survey, please click here.
For an analysis of the survey featured in ASEANFocus, please click here.
- Aljazeera, 10 November 2017: Trump faces hard sell on new Asia policy at APEC summit
- VN Express, 17 September 2017: Suspense as Trump non-committal about planned visits to Vietnam, Philippines
- Malaysiakini, 15 September 2017: Defining Malaysia’s foreign policy challenges
- Huffington Post, 7 August 2017: Survey Reflects Southeast Asian Perception Of U.S. Engagement Under The New Administration
- VNExpress, 26 June 2017: Skepticism abounds as US envoy assures Vietnam of Trump administration’s commitment
- YaleGlobalOnline, 1 June 2017: South China Sea: US Bargaining Chip or Key Interest?
- VnExpress International, 24 May 2017: Vietnam’s premier to visit White House as US losing hearts and minds in Southeast Asia
- Bloomberg TV Philippines, 22 May 2017: Global Image of US deteriorated under Trump: Survey
- Yale Global Online, 16 May 2017: ASEAN Summit’s China Tilt Portends a New World Order
- Council for Foreign Relations, 16 May 2017: China’s Soft Power Offensive, One Belt One Road, and the Limitations of Beijing’s Soft Power, Part 2
- Philstar Global, 16 May 2017: ASEAN perception of US drops after Trump backed Duterte’s drug war
- AEC News Today, 12 May 2017: Survey: Asean Confidence in US Plummets Under Trump
- Voice of America (Learning English), 12 May 2017: Study Explores Southeast Asian Opinions on Trump Administration
- Lowy Institute, The Interpreter, 10 May 2017: Proof the US is losing hearts and minds in Southeast Asia
- Sankei Shimbun, 11 May 2017 (in Japanese, 2 pages): 米の関心低下で中国台頭、「正しい行動」１位は日本 東南アジア意識調査
- The Diplomat, 10 May 2017: What Does Southeast Asia Think About the Trump Presidency?
- Nikkei Asian Review, 9 May 2017: Trump has blown US credibility in Southeast Asia: Poll
- Voice of America, 9 May 2017: New Survey Paints Bleak Picture of Southeast Asian Views on Trump Administration
- Center for Strategic and International Studies, 9 May 2017: Trump Administration Begins Engaging Southeast Asia, Region Waits for Details
- East-West Center, 8 May 2017: Survey Reflects Southeast Asian Perception of US Engagement Under The New Administration
- South China Morning Post, 8 May 2017: Trump ‘dents US reputation’ in Southeast Asia, leaves door open for China
- Financial Times, 5 May 2017: US steps up SE Asia effort but survey points to China sway
- TODAY, 5 May 2017: Iseas poll shows low trust for China in region
- TODAY, 5 May 2017: America no longer seen as a dependable ally: Asean survey