Regional Outlook Forum (ROF) 2021 is the 24th edition of ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute’s flagship event.
The forum examine key dynamics at the regional and national level, informed by two far- reaching global events – the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic and the outcome of the 2020 US Presidential Election. At the national level, the impact of the COVID pandemic as well as the strategic US-China competition will intersect with underlying and unfolding domestic dynamics. This year’s event was delivered entirely online, over two half-day sessions, on the 6th and 7th of January 2021.
- The Star, 14 January 2021 – No need for shadow Cabinet, Opposition should play a role to check and balance the Perikatan govt, says Warisan
- Malaysiakini, 11 January 2021 – Restore mandate to Harapan and Anwar for M’sia to be great
- The Malaysia Reserve, 8 January 2021 – PM only has two choices moving forward: Shafie
- Lianhe Zaobao, 8 January 2021 – 沙菲益和纳西尔： 马国疫情不见好转 近期举行大选不明智
- Vietnam Plus, 7 January 2021 – Regional Outlook Forum discusses Southeast Asia’s post-pandemic future
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2021 – 王赓武：走不同形式资本主义 中美博弈是制度竞争非意识形态较劲
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2021 – 学者：因疫情对中美信心大跌 各国料打造更多边国际体系
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2021 – 专家：巴育若抗疫不力 与示威者分歧将激化形成危机
- South China Morning Post, 6 January 2021 – US-China ties: Biden has limited time to repair Trump’s damage, say analysts