Digital Disruptions – Panel V: The Online Expression of Art & Culture and Closing Remarks
ISEAS-LIPI JOINT WEBINAR
About the webinar
Panel V: The Online Expression of Art & Culture — 3 pm–5 pm SGT / 2 pm–4 pm WIB
This session will discuss how digital technologies affect social and cultural practices as well as explore how local expressions inform the use of these technologies that lead to sociality being developed around these digital platforms.
- Ms Sentiela Ocktaviana and Mr Andrian Wikayanto, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (PMB-LIPI), “Discourse of Religious (in)Tolerance in Indonesia Animation Series Nussa-Rara.”
- Mr Michael HB Raditya, Dangdut Studies Center, Yogyakarta, “Digital Technology in Dangdut Koplo’s Development.”
- Mr Irwansyah Harahap and Ms Rithaony Hutajulu, Ethnomusicology Department, University of Sumatera Utara, “Conversion to Digitality: Problems and Answering Method of Disseminating World Music Teachings and Performances in Indonesia.”
Moderator: Ms Ranny Rastati, Researcher, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (PMB-LIPI)
Closing remarks — 5 pm–5.30 pm SGT / 4 pm–4.30 pm WIB
Prof Dr Ahmad Najib Burhani, Head, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
Dr Hui Yew-Foong, Visiting Senior Fellow & Coordinator, Indonesia Studies Programme, ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
Click here for more information about the Conference.
This webinar will be delivered online entirely. You can join the webinar at the specified date and time using devices (computer, phone, or tablet) with internet connection.
Please register here to receive your unique link for joining the webinar.
Limited spaces only, register early to avoid disappointment.
To join the webinar,
1. Install the Zoom client onto your computer or download the app on your mobile device.
2. Click on the unique link in your email.
If you have questions for the speaker, please key in your questions via the Q&A, stating your name and affiliation. The moderator will field them to the speaker during the Q&A session.