Digital Disruptions – Panel III: Contentious Relationship Between State and Society in Digital Ecosystem
ISEAS-LIPI JOINT WEBINAR
About the webinar
This session will examine the contentious relationship between the state and internet users regarding the control of the digital ecosystem, primarily looking at how digital technologies have demonstrated its importance to social movement and how the state’s control over the internet threatens internet freedom in Indonesia.
Click here for more information about the Conference.
- Dr Nina Widyawati, Ms Ranny Rastati, Mr Ubaidillah, Research Center for Society and Culture, Mr Purnama Alamsyah, Research Center for Science, Technology & Innovation Policy and Management, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), “Digital Disruption: Politicization of Identity and Normalization of Exclusion.”
- Prof Dr Alie Humaedi, Ms Imelda, Dr Thung Ju Lan and Ms Anggy Denok Sukmawati, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (PMB-LIPI), “The Prospect of Developing ‘Digital Democracy’ in Indonesia.”
- Mr Detta Rahmawan, Mr Justito Adiprasetio, and Dr Kunto Adi Wibowo, Communication Studies Department, Universitas Padjajaran, “From dark horse to incumbent: how Jokowi transformed his digital power and its implications on state-society contentions in Indonesia.”
- Dr Ikbal Maulana, Dr Widjajanti Santoso, Ms Ana Windarsih, and Mr Fanny Henry Tondo, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (PMB-LIPI), “Limiting Freedom of Speech: Emerging Discourse from Online News Media Reporting of Hate Speech Prosecution.”
- Dr Lugina Setyawati and Ms Daisy Indira Yasmine, Department of Sociology, Universitas Indonesia, “Civic Engagements and Digital Citizenship: Understanding Youth Activism as Civic Cultures.”
Moderator: Ms Lee Sue-Ann, Co-coordinator, Indonesia Studies Programme, ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
This webinar will be delivered online entirely. You can join the webinar at the specified date and time using devices (computer, phone, or tablet) with internet connection.
Please register here to receive your unique link for joining the webinar.
You can also register for Welcome Remarks & Panel I, Panel II, Panel IV and Panel V & Closing Remarks of the Conference.
Limited spaces only, register early to avoid disappointment.
To join the webinar,
1. Install the Zoom client onto your computer or download the app on your mobile device.
2. Click on the unique link in your email.
If you have questions for the speaker, please key in your questions via the Q&A, stating your name and affiliation. The moderator will field them to the speaker during the Q&A session.