Digital Disruptions – Panel II: The Internet Mediation of Religious Norms and Practices
ISEAS-LIPI JOINT WEBINAR
About the webinar
This session will explore the mediation of religious norms and practices on the internet, looking at how social media had amplified the prominence of religious sociality into the digital space as well as the applications of technology as reference for people to seek and practice religions.
Click here for more information about the Conference.
- Dr James Hoesterey, Department of Religion, Emory University, “From Tele-Dai to Social Media Seleb: New Trends in Popular Preaching in Indonesia.”
- Dr Dundin Zaenuddin, Mr Muhammad Nur Prabowo Setyabudi, and Prof. Dr Cahyo Pamungkas, Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (PMB-LIPI), “Re-conceptualizing ‘the Political Islam’ as Expressed in Everyday Life and Social Media.”
- Dr Hans A. Harmakaputra, Hartford Seminary, “New Wine Put into Old Wineskins? How COVID-19 Shapes Indonesian Christians’ Public Theology on the New Media.”
- Dr Evi Lina Sutrisno, Department of Politics and Government, Universitas Gadjah Mada, “United Through Online Collaborative Rituals: The Confucian Community’s Response to Covid-19 in Indonesia.”
Moderator: Dr Norshahril Saat, Senior Fellow and Coordinator, Regional Social and Cultural Studies, ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
This webinar will be delivered online entirely. You can join the webinar at the specified date and time using devices (computer, phone, or tablet) with internet connection.
Please register here to receive your unique link for joining the webinar.
Limited spaces only, register early to avoid disappointment.
To join the webinar,
1. Install the Zoom client onto your computer or download the app on your mobile device.
2. Click on the unique link in your email.
If you have questions for the speaker, please key in your questions via the Q&A, stating your name and affiliation. The moderator will field them to the speaker during the Q&A session.