Conference on Improving the Quality of Basic Education in Southeast Asia
Time of Event
10:00–13:00 Tokyo Time
9:00 – 12:00 Singapore Time
Southeast Asia is home to varying degrees of autonomy in education service delivery. Countries in the region also vary in their public investment in education, education policy development, and community involvement in education. Improving the quality of basic education to ensure students acquire foundational literacy and numeracy remains an urgent priority across Southeast Asia, prompting a host of education reforms, programs, and non-governmental and non-profit organization-supported interventions.
Co-hosted by ADBI, the Asian Development Bank, and ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute, this conference will feature new research examining the quality of basic education in Southeast Asia, related policy challenges, and potential solutions. It will particularly focus on the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on basic education in the region and ways to address them.
To register, click here
- Highlight contemporary analyses on improving the quality of basic education across Southeast Asian countries
- Distill policy lessons from the region and possible ways forward
- Policy makers, researchers, and practitioners in education
- Rigorous evidence pertaining to basic education quality in Southeast Asia
- Greater understanding of potential policy solutions
- Research presented will be considered for publication in a journal special issue
- Asian Development Bank
- ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute