- Director & Chief Executive Officer , ISEAS - Yusof Ishak Institute
- Head , ASEAN Studies Centre
- Head , Singapore APEC Study Centre
Mr Choi Shing Kwok was appointed Director and CEO of ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute on 15 January 2018 and also took on the role of Head of ASEAN Studies Centre at the institute in March 2020.
Prior to this appointment, he was Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources from 2012 to 2017. Mr Choi started his career in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) in 1978. He held various appointments in the SAF before he was appointed as Director, Security and Intelligence Division, Ministry of Defence in 1995 and held the post till 2005. After leaving the Ministry of Defence, Mr Choi held the post of Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Transport from 2005 to 2012.
Mr Choi studied at the University of Cambridge, graduating with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Engineering in 1981 and 1985 respectively. He also obtained a Master’s in Public Administration from Harvard University in 1994. Mr Choi was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) (Military) in 1993 and the Meritorious Service Medal in 2000 for his contributions to the Singapore Public Service.
- “Covid-19 battle: How have South-east Asian nations fared?” – The Straits Times, 9 May 2020
- Is the US being Eclipsed in Southeast Asia? – ISEAS Perspective 2020/19, 24 March 2020
- Southeast Asia’s Hopes and Fears about China – ISEAS Perspective 2020/12, 2 March 2020
- “China and the US in South-east Asian eyes” – The Straits Times, 8 February 2020
- “Can the ASEAN-EU Partnership Fly Higher with CATA?” – ASEAN Economic Integration Brief No. 4 / November 2018