The ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute is offering PhD scholarships to aspiring scholars for the following areas of studies:
Economics, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Anthropology, and other relevant humanities and social science subjects
- Be Singapore citizens;
- Be in possession of a good Master’s degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject;
- Have a consistently good academic record; and
- Be prepared to carry out applied and policy-related research with focus on Southeast Asia.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have already been accepted for admission into reputable universities.
Terms of Award:
- The scholarship is tenable at reputable universities overseas or in Singapore
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Conference/Fieldwork allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Return air passage (if applicable)
- Preliminary expenses
- Successful candidates will serve a five-year bond with ISEAS following the completion of their studies
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, full CV, sample of academic writing, three letters of reference, educational certificates and transcripts, a research proposal including a statement on why it is important to ISEAS, and a passport-sized photograph. Please email your applications to ISEAS HR at HR@iseas.edu.sg. Please note that the 3 referees should email the letter of reference to ISEAS HR separately.
Director, Corporate Services Division
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Tel No: 67780955, Fax No: 67756264
Closing Date: 2 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified