ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute is a regional research centre dedicated to the study of socio-political, security and economic trends and developments in Southeast Asia and its wider geostrategic and economic environment.
To apply for current career opportunities in ISEAS, please visit Careers@Gov.
For job application enquiries, please contact ISEAS HR at HR@iseas.edu.sg
Visiting Fellow/Fellow, Regional Social and Cultural Studies (RSCS) Programme (2 Years)
- Manage Sojourn: Journal of Social Issues in Southeast Asia journal as Editor to ensure timely and high quality publications
- Conduct research on key social issues and trends in Southeast Asia in consultation with RSCS Coordinator and Director (Research).
- Contribute regularly to Fulcrum and Perspective pieces.
Applicants’ areas of interests may include at least one of the following:
- Youth and civic engagement in Southeast Asia
- Religion and religious management in Southeast Asia
- China’s socio-cultural influence in Southeast Asia
- Expertise in one or more Southeast Asian countries
Administrative and Editorial Responsibilities include:
- Manage research projects and budgetary matters.
- Manage or assist in ISEAS events such as moderating seminars and planning.
- General editorial work and other tasks and duties related to ISEAS and RSCS.
- PhD in Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science; Southeast Asian Studies, Chinese studies, Malay Studies, Development Studies or a related discipline
- Clear policy-oriented perspectives on research issues
- 3-5 years of experience in a research centre, think tank, or academic institution
- Experience in journal editing will be preferred
- Strong interdisciplinary work with good track record in research and publications
- Strong communication and writing skills in English; candidates with knowledge of Southeast Asian languages will be given preference.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Preference will be given to Singaporeans and permanent residents
Fellowship Benefits include:
- A highly competitive monthly (all-inclusive) stipend commensurate with his/her rank and experience;
- A round-trip economy airfare between the home country of the researcher and Singapore (applicable to non-Singaporeans only).
Applications should include a cover letter, a full CV, two reference letters, and a research proposal of not more than five pages (double spaced). The proposal should discuss the topic to be examined, plans for any fieldwork and duration, projected timeline of research, and output. The preferred period for the fellowship should also be indicated.
Remuneration and benefits depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Applicants will be notified if they are shortlisted within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Please click here to apply. (Closing Date 7 April 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.)