The Regional Outlook Forum, ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute’s annual flagship event, took place on 6th and 7th January 2022.
The 25th edition of ROF was themed “Regional Disruptions Amidst Global Recovery” to reflect expectations of a continuing global recovery but with uneven performance across countries in the region driven by differences in vaccination rollout and continuing struggles to control the new Delta variant.
The ROF2022 feature keynote speaker Singapore’s Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security Mr Teo Chee Hean, and 6 exciting panels of experts.
- Welcome Remarks by Mr Choi Shing Kwok, Director and CEO, ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
- Keynote address by SM Teo Chee Hean, Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security
- The Straits Times, 20 January 2022 – Covid-19 legacy of high prices but low spending could hamper Malaysia’s recovery
- Business Times, 10 January 2022 – Consumer confidence in Indonesia improving as economy poised for strong recovery in 2022: panellists
- Lianhe Zaobao, 8 January 2022 – 安华女儿：不应以两场州选和来届大选衡量希盟前途
- Lianhe Zaobao, 8 January 2022 – 观察家：洪森访缅是“毫无意义作秀” 无助缓和紧张局势
- The Nation, 8 January 2022 – Cambodian PM Hun Sen meets junta chief on two-day visit to Myanmar
- STNN, 8 January 2022 – 新媒 2022年中美关系将继续跌宕前行
- The Straits Times, 8 January 2022 – Cambodian PM Hun Sen meets junta chief on two-day visit to Myanmar
- Mothership, 7 January 2022 – ‘Good governance’, over dogma or ideology, is the key to bringing a better life for our people: Teo Chee Hean
- The Bharat Express News, 7 January 2022 – “Good governance”, beyond dogma or ideology, is the key to improving the lives of our people: Teo Chee Hean
- Khmer Times, 7 January 2022 – ASEAN has been a source of stability and strength that allowed nations to grow
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2022 – 张志贤：保护主义使“中间立场”变窄 各方更难达共识
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2022 – 邝云峰教授：核心地位渐被美国印太战略削弱 亚细安在经济能发挥超过体量角色
- Lianhe Zaobao, 7 January 2022 – 经济师预料越南今年经济增长有望达6.5%到7%
- Channel Newsasia, 6 January 2022 – Govts should be guided by principles that serve the broad global community: Teo Chee Hean
- The Straits Times, 6 January 2022 – US-China relations to settle into ‘mutually tolerable friction’ zone in 2022: Forum
- The Straits Times, 6 January 2022 – Pandemic has shown need for more cooperation, collective action: Teo Chee Hean
- South China Morning Post, 6 January 2022 – US and China in state of ‘mutually tolerable friction’, but no end in sight for rivalry: Singapore forum
- Market Screener, 6 January 2022 – SM Teo Chee Hean at the ISEAS’ 25th Regional Outlook Forum