Call for Papers:
Symposium on E-Commerce, ASEAN Economic Integration, and Competition Policy and Law
Jointly organized by
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute & Competition Commission of Singapore
The e-Commerce sector plays a key role in cross-border trade amongst ASEAN Member states and also facilitates foreign investment through the supply of intermediary services. As part of the ASEAN Economic Blueprint 20251
, ASEAN is intensifying cooperation on the e-Commerce sector to facilitate cross-border e-Commerce transactions in ASEAN.
Initial expressions of interest are being sought for symposium papers on the following research topics:
- Tracking and measurement of e-Commerce activities in ASEAN countries
- Role of e-Commerce in ASEAN economic integration
- E-Commerce and its impact on competition in markets within ASEAN countries
- E-Commerce and its impact on competition policy and law in ASEAN countries
- E-Commerce enabled disruptive technologies and innovations, and their impact on regulations in ASEAN countries
The organisers welcome contributions from all areas of economics, business, public policy and law.
The Symposium will be held in March 2017 at ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute, Singapore. The organisers will provide funding to enable paper writers (limited to one presenter per paper) to attend the Symposium.
Submission of Expression of Interest
Initial expression of interest should be submitted in the form of an abstract approximately 300 words. The abstracts are due by October 31, 2016
to Dr Cassey Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Submissions should be PDF files and include name, institutional affiliation, and email address of all authors.
1 ASEAN Economic Blueprint 2025: http://www.asean.org/storage/images/2015/November/aec-page/AEC-Blueprint-2025-FINAL.pdf