- Regional Economic Studies Programme
- Co-coordinator , Indonesia Studies Programme
- Coordinator , Singapore APEC Study Centre
Macroeconomic and development issues, industrial and trade policies, digital economy
Dr Negara received his PhD (Economics) from the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is Co-Coordinator for the Indonesia Studies Programme and Coordinator for the Singapore APEC Study Centre at the ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute. He is an editorial member of the Journal of Southeast Asian Economies. His research focuses on macroeconomic and development issues, industrial and trade policies with a special focus on Indonesia. Before joining the institute, he has worked as a researcher at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) and economist consultant for the World Bank Office Jakarta.
- COVID-19 impact and response in Southeast Asia
- Foreign investments in Indonesia: Recent trends and challenges
- The Riau Islands Province: Setting Sail (2021) (edited volume with Francis Hutchinson), ISEAS.
- The Indonesian Economy in Transition: Policy Challenges in the Jokowi Era and Beyond (2019) (edited volume with Hal Hill), ISEAS.
- Negara, Siwage D. and Agus S. Hidayat, (2021), ‘Indonesia’s Automotive Industry: Recent Trends and Challenges’, Journal of Southeast Asian Economies Vol. 38/2: 166-186.
- Negara, Siwage D. and Syarif Hidayat, (2020), ‘Special Economic Zones and the Need for Proper Governance: Empirical Evidence from Indonesia’, Contemporary Southeast Asia, 42/2: 251-275.
- Negara, Siwage D. and Francis Hutchinson, (2020), ‘Batam: Life after FTZ’, Bulletin of Indonesia Economic Studies, 56:1, 87-125.
- Negara, Siwage D. and Leo Suryadinata (2019), ‘The Flying Geese and China’s BRI Challenges in Indonesia’, Singapore Economic Review, Vol 66. No.1.
- Negara, Siwage D., Yose R. Damuri and Kathleen Azali, (2019), ‘E-Commerce Development in Indonesia: Challenges and Prospects’, in Cassey Lee and Eileen Lee (eds), (2019) E-Commerce, Competition & ASEAN Economic Integration, ISEAS.