GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP 2018
Applications are invited for a scholarship to pursue a Master’s degree in the following areas of study at a Singapore university:
Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, History,
Southeast Asian Studies, Political Science,
International Relations or Economics
Terms of Award:
- Each scholarship is tenable for one-year full-time study at a reputable university in Singapore
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Successful candidates will be attached to ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute as a Graduate Student Assistant during his/her term of study (up to 8 hours per week), and upon completion of studies will serve a one-year bond as a Research Associate with the Institute.
To be eligible, the candidate should:
- be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident;
- possess a good Honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject; and
- have consistently good academic records.
Candidates who are prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on Southeast Asia will be considered favourably, although this is not compulsory.
Applicants are requested to send their application, consisting of a cover letter (stating where they intend to study and the course they are undertaking), curriculum vitae, educational certificates/transcripts, thesis topic and abstract or proposal (if applicable), and letters from two referees to:
ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Tel No: (65) 67780955
Fax No: (65) 67756264
Closing Date: 31 March 2018
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
This scholarship is funded by the K.S. Sandhu Memorial Fund, Singapore.