Established in 2020, the ISEAS-MUIS Masters Scholarship is a collaborative effort between ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute and Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS) to deepen the pool of local scholars with the capacity and training to conduct rigorous academic research. The scholarship aims to build up academic capability and research knowledge on the development of Islam in Southeast Asia and its long term effect on the Singapore Muslim community.
ISEAS-MUIS MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP 2022
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute and MUIS – Islamic Religious Council of Singapore invite Masters scholarship applications for the study of the development of Islam in Southeast Asia.
- Be Singapore citizens;
- Be in possession of a good honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject;
- Have a consistently good academic record and
- Be prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on the political, social, cultural, or economic development of Islam in Southeast Asia.
- Scholarship Type – Master’s degree
- Course of Study – Including but not limited to political science, sociology, anthropology, cultural geography and Islamic studies
Terms of Awards:
- The scholarship is tenable for one year at local or overseas reputable universities
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference/Fieldwork allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Return airfare (if applicable)
- Successful candidates will serve a one-year bond with ISEAS following the completion of their studies
Candidates who have already obtained university admission for 2022 and meet the above requirements are also eligible to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, full CV, two letters of reference, educational certificates and transcripts, a research proposal and a statement of purpose in pursuing the Master’s degree, and a passport-sized photograph.
Please send applications to ISEAS HR at HR@iseas.edu.sg. Please note that the two referees should email the letter of reference to ISEAS HR separately.
Closing Date: 31 Mar 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.