The ISEAS-MUIS Masters Scholarship was established with a grant from Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS) to fund one Masters Scholarship a year for three years. The scholarship seeks to deepen the pool of local scholars with the capacity and training to conduct rigorous academic research, in order to build up academic capability and research knowledge into the development of Islam in Southeast Asia and its long term effect on the Singapore Muslim community.
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute and MUIS – Islamic Religious Council of Singapore invite applications for the inaugural scholarship award this year.
- Scholarship Type – Master’s degree
- Course of Study – Including but not limited to political science, sociology, anthropology, cultural geography and Islamic studies
- Be Singapore citizens;
- Be in possession of a good honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject;
- Have a consistently good academic record and
- Be prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on the political, social, cultural, or economic development of Islam in Southeast Asia.
Terms of Awards:
- The scholarship is tenable for one year at local or overseas reputable universities
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference/Fieldwork allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Return airfare (if applicable)
- Successful candidates will serve a one-year bond with ISEAS following the completion of their studies
Candidates who have already obtained university admission for 2020 and meet the above requirements are also eligible to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, full CV, two letters of reference, educational certificates and transcripts, a research proposal or a statement of purpose in pursuing the MA degree, and a passport-sized photograph. Please send applications to:
For Online Application, click here.
Closing Date: 20 March 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified