ASEAN GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP 2020/2021
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute invites outstanding Southeast Asian postdoctoral or eligible PhD candidates undertaking research on ASEAN and Southeast Asia to apply for the ASEAN Graduate Fellowship at the ASEAN Studies Centre.
This programme seeks to encourage and develop ASEAN Studies and contribute towards better regional understanding of the ASEAN Community. Successful applicants will receive access to ISEAS expertise and material resources, as well as an institutional home to tap into other Singapore-based resources.
ASEAN Graduate Fellows will receive institutional and funding support of between six (6) months to twelve (12) months depending on the fellowship duration.
- The Fellowship is open to postdoctoral candidates who have recently completed their PhD or PhD candidates due to defend their thesis.
- The Fellowship is open to Southeast Asian nationals.
- Candidates’ PhD research topics must be related to at least one of the following themes and issues:
- – ASEAN regional integration
- – ASEAN’s external relations
- – ASEAN norms, structure, processes and conventions
- – ASEAN institutional development and governance
- – ASEAN’s legal order
- – ASEAN Community-Building
- – Regional architecture (economic, political and security)
- – Studies involving more than 2 ASEAN member states
- – Comparative studies of ASEAN member states
- Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English.
Fellows will be provided with a fixed monthly stipend and allowances for the duration of the Fellowship, as well as access to a workstation, computing and printing facilities, ISEAS Library and other ISEAS facilities. Non-Singapore citizens/Singapore Permanent Residents will be provided a return economy class airfare from selected regional airports to Singapore.
Expected Outputs and Publication Opportunities
ASEAN Graduate Fellows are required to convert their PhD thesis into publishable material (for example, journal articles or a book), deliver seminars based on their thesis during their tenure at ISEAS, and assist with an academic roundtable.
All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation
- A one-chapter-long writing sample from your PhD thesis
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo an interview via teleconference, or by other means as established by ISEAS.
Please note that all application materials must be submitted in English. If any of these materials are not in English, an official English translation must be provided in addition to the original documents.
Applications should be submitted via Careers@Gov.
Alternatively, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “ASEAN Graduate Fellowship 2020/2021 Application”.
All applications should be submitted by the deadline of 30 September 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.